Architectural scale models from the Technical University of Vienna

 

In 1995, by dint of a magnanimous gesture by the Technical University of Vienna, almost 100, mostly relatively small, scale-models relating to modern international architecture were bequeathed to the Albertina. These had been developed under the direction of Professor Hans Puchhammer at the Department of Architectural Construction and Design of the Institute of Structural Engineering. The models cover buildings designed by Otto Wagner, Adolf Loos, Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe and Alvar Aalto.

 

In 2002, a further set of eleven true-in-detail wooden models of public buildings originally erected by Adolf Loos were deeded to the Albertina by the Technical University of Vienna, where these models had been created under the supervision of Professor Anton Schweighofer.

 

 

Picture Gallery

 

Friedrich Kiesler
Grotto for Meditation for New Harmonie

Adolf Loos

House Josephine Baker (Modell), Paris, 1927