Karl Prantl

Until 11 February 2015

Karl Prantl is among Austria’s most significant sculptors of the Second Republic. He initially studies painting at the Academy of Fine Arts before turning to sculpture. In the winter of 1950/51 Karl Prantl begins to work on his first sculptures. Larger than life works are created from limewood as well as smaller works. In 1958 Prantl first works for a longer period at the St. Margarethen Quarry, where a great many of his works originate. In the following year he organizes the first international sculptors’ symposium, which represents a vital contribution to the renaissance of stone sculpture and through which Prantal achieved worldwide recognition away from art.

The ALBERTINA Museum devotes a solo exhibition to the artist from October 17, 2014.

Image Gallery – 5 Images

 

  • Partner BMW